There are 5 running heart rate zones for training:
- VERY LOW INTENSITY HEALTH ZONE (WHITE): 50-60% of the HRMAX
- LOW INTENSITY OR FITNESS ZONE (BLUE): 60-70% of the HRMAX
- AEROBIC ZONE (GREEN): 70-80% of HRMAX
- ANAEROBIC ZONE (YELLOW): 80-90% of HRMAX
- MAXIMUM HEART RATE ZONE (RED): 90-100% of HRMAX
Don’t know your HRMAX? Here you can calculate your maximum heart rate.
You might also be interested in reading “Running Heart Rate Zones: 7 Tips for Training”.
Calculate Personal Heart Rate Zones
Maximum heart rate:
Zone 1 (50-60% of maximum)
Zone 2 (60-70% of maximum)
Zone 3 (70-80% of maximum)
Zone 4 (80-90% of maximum)
Zone 5 (90-100% of maximum)